Due to some unexpected cancellations in the diary, and some jiggling about of other stuff I am a major over-achiever: October’s expenses are begun, there’s mugs soaking in the bubbles, and here I am.
I’ve just sent another thank you letter to one of my funders for the “Pitlochry Play”, and as I wiped the suds from my hands, thought that some of what I wrote would be apt for here.
Without their (secret; modest) support, I am not sure I would have been able to justify the spend. But their kind cover for accommodation and travel meant that the project is truly growing. I had…
- 100 hours thinking about & developing the show, meeting local organisations and experts
- a “sharing” with the theatre’s associate directors, to review progress, get a sounding board, hear their thoughts
- one of the ADs has very kindly agreed to be a mentor for the project’s future development (I won’t name them ’til I’ve checked they’re ok with that, though)
- I’m working towards a February all-day workshop and “script in hand” in Bath – details TBC
- Although I didn’t secure ACE funding for the residency, ACE have been really helpful since my return about planning phase 2 (writing) and building to a potential tour
- It’s now an exciting adult fairytale show about the climate emergency and that perennial human comedy: “personal agency”
- I know my characters (damn their eyes) and I can hear the music… oh, yes.
A huge thanks to all so far. Names will come when I know you’re OK with it! (Photos if the machine ever permits….)