I made a film!
And it’s all about that terrier of a play on quantum mechanics (what? you missed me talking about it? Let me help you out:
- The heartbeat of an onion,
- Developing this oniony play – in pictures, and
- Gnash, gobble, splat: the sounds of a new script hitting the genre wall)
So – here’s the skinny.
If this was a play in development with a theatre, they would give me/it some dramaturgical (script editor-like) support as well as time with a director and actors to try things out.
I’ve already paid for a brilliant dramaturg, David Lane, to support me through the various drafts (you can read Hannah Silva talking about her similar work with David here.) But I can’t pay for directors, a cast and a rehearsal space. So, I have some choices:
- ask actor mates to do it for free, one night after their day jobs, but knowing there can’t be time for proper thought / exploration
- just send the script as it is to theatres (my best version, but without input from a director/actors), cross my fingers and hope they can see the potential
- get out the sock puppets
- raise the dosh to pay professionals.
So, as you will see in the crowd-funding film, I got out the sock puppets. It didn’t go too well. So I’m fundraising.
If you, or anyone you know, can help me pay real actors – instead of putting a quantum rifle in the hands of a drunken Upsy-Daisy – this script has a far better chance of being the best it can be. AND the wonderful backers / theatre angels get rewards! (Am very happy to talk about extra reward options to anyone!)
Thanks for reading – please, PLEASE feel free to share this page online, pass it or the talent backer page to anyone you think might be interested! Thank you! I’ll be back…..
PS – HAPPY CHRISTMAS and all the v best for 2014.