All quiet on this south-western front of late, I know. I’ve been putting my 6-hour working days (school hours for small ones) to good writing use, then throwing in some extra after beddy-byes. All guns have been pointing at a new TV pilot, strengthening my screenwriting muscles and learning everywhere I can.
So, without giving anything away about boring old plot stuff (YAWN)* I thought it mght be handy to point any writers out there towards the
handy – invaluable – resources I’ve been using.
- Phillip Shelley’s script consultancy
- Phil Gladwin’s Screenwriting Goldmine Open Door mag – a monthly subscription
- Yvonne Grace’s blog and book
- BBC Scriptroom script library
- Yvonne Grace & Phil Gladwin’s “Start Your Story Engine” course
And my imagination, but you couldn’t afford it 😉
Anyway, this stuff is – combined with the other glorious sites on my blogroll (to your right, I believe) – seriously invaluable. It requires some spend of dosh as well as effort, but this is my career. I seriously recommend you check these out if you’re serious about screenwriting. We’re learning a craft and that takes more than just talent. It takes learning!
* So “not” yawn; I love this world I’m playing in. It’s been months now and I dream it. One of us just won’t let go of the other.