- Born in Glasgow, moved age 8 to the wilds of North Herts and its excellent comprehensive education system
- Oxford Uni (English – Old Norse, sociolinguistics, history of the language; “Marxist, veggie Goth feminist”), active in the students’ union and – very different – the debating union
- Was a “cash for questions”-era lobbyist, worked in Labour’s Millbank ’97 film unit, ran for Parliament in 2001 and started a one-woman strategic communications consultancy in 2005, working with the RSC, Dept for Transport, Arts Council and more
- Fascinated by human connection, communication, behaviour, equality/equity and stories that have deep, deep roots
- Solo mum, French Horn player, drama & comedy hoover
- Learning Norwegian since lockdown, driven by BBC4 Scandi drama – love it
You can listen to an hour “all about me” as I join the great guests of the Second Chapter podcast. Recorded in October 2021: here.
I have been very generously supported by Pitlochry Festival Theatre, Channel 4’s 4Screenwriting, Screen Yorkshire’s Triangle, C21 and Script Angel, Society of Authors, Old Vic New Voices, the Soho Theatre, Rondo Theatre Bath, Theatre West, LOST, Theatre Royal Bath, Bristol Old Vic, Exeter BikeShed and twice by The Peggy Ramsay Foundation. And very, very generously supported by a load of fabulous people I won’t damn by naming (if you’re thinking of when we did a thing, yes: I’m referring to you).
If you’d like to get in touch, please drop me a line.