- Born in Glasgow, moved age 8 to the wilds of North Herts
- Oxford Uni (English – Old Norse, sociolinguistics, history of the language) from a comp (“Marxist, veggie Goth feminist”), active in both the students’ union and debating union
- Was a “cash for questions” era lobbyist, worked in Labour’s Millbank’s ’97 film unit, ran for Parliament in 2001 and started my own strategic communications consultancy in 2005, working with the RSC, Dept for Transport, Arts Council and more
- Fascinated by human connection, communication, behaviour, equality/equity and stories that have deep, deep roots.
- Learning Norwegian in lockdown, driven by BBC4 Scandi drama – love it
I have been very generously supported by Pitlochry Festival Theatre, Channel 4’s 4Screenwriting, Screen Yorkshire’s Triangle, C21 and Script Angel, Society of Authors, Old Vic New Voices, the Soho Theatre, Rondo Theatre Bath, Theatre West, LOST, Theatre Royal Bath, Bristol Old Vic, Exeter BikeShed and The Peggy Ramsay Foundation (in no special order). And very, very generously supported by a load of fabulous people I won’t damn by naming (if you’re thinking of when we did a thing, I’m referring to you).
If you’d like to get in touch, please drop me a line.